We have just enjoyed nibbling on these luscious little treats.
Here is “sneaky” way to increase vegetable intake and create interesting little snacks for any picky eater – child or grown up!
We use slices of crispy potato to make the base for these child sized tasty bites.
These are also great for those kids who have special dietary requirements and/or need to be gluten or dairy free.
Here is the recipe:
1. Wash and scrub 1 or 2 large waxy potatoes and slice into 2mm rounds.
2. Brush with a little olive and lay on a baking sheet
3. Bake in a moderate oven for around 10 minutes each side until crisp & golden.
4. Remove from the oven and top each with
- some of your home made tomato or “hidden veggie” sauce,
- a little minced chicken or meat,
- a little red, green & yellow diced capsicum (bell pepper),
- chopped or sliced cherry tomatoes
- a scattering of cheese OR your child’s favourite topping. A little silken tofu can be used instead of cheese for a dairy free version.
5. Bake for a further 5 minutes until the filling is warm and the cheese is melted.
6. Garnish with chopped flat leaf parsley and/or chopped olives.
7. Make sure you let the pizzette cool a little before offering them to your child.
You will find the full recipe for this and the recipes for the tomato and vegetable sauce in my “Food for Picky Kids” recipe book.